- Visit blogs and post comments. Post lots of comments. People browsing thru blogs may see your comment and decide to visit your blog. There is traffic this way.
- Submit your blog to different websites. This is a way to get tons of viewers. Have a food blog? Try FoodGawker. Have a knitting blog? Try Ravelry. Get a flickr account and upload pictures with a link to your blog. Use Digg. Websites like these will get you readers.
- When blogging, use pictures that are crisp and attractive. Don't have a fancy SLR camera? Try free photo editing software like Picasa from Google. I use a Casio Digital Camera and then edit all my pictures with Picasa. People like to see pictures that are clear with good lighting.
- Talk about your family and maybe even post some pictures of them on your blog. People like to know about the person behind the blog.
- Ask your readers questions in the blog post, they are more likely to be leaving comments this way.
Hope these 5 tips helped a little, and most of all have fun blogging!